HALL TRIED TO PROTECT THE POCKET BOOKS OF OIL AND GAS COMPANIES FROM ENVIRONMENTAL & LABOR REGULATIONS
KEY POINT: Hall has taken $150,000 from oil and gas companies - more than almost every other State Senator. He's voted to let gas companies hide information about chemicals they put in the ground and give oil companies special treatment.
· Hall has accepted nearly $150,000 from the Oil and Gas Industry. [California Secretary of State, Cal-Access, accessed 7/1/15]
· Hall worked to shield oil and gas companies from Cap-and-Trade fees. [California League of Conservation Voters, accessed 6/29/15; 6/16/14 Letter, accessed 6/29/15; California Energy & Climate Report, 6/29/14]
· Hall failed three times to vote in support legislation to adequately fun oil spill prevention and response programs. [Sierra Club, 2011 Legislative Report Card, accessed 6/29/15; Daily File, Assembly Journal for June 2, 2011, accessed 6/29/15; Assembly Journal for June 3, 2011, accessed 6/29/15]
· Hall voted for legislation that allowed oil and gas companies to deny access to information about chemical quantities used for gas extraction. [Sierra Club, 2013 Legislative Report Card, November 2013, SB 4 6/29/14]
· Hall voted for legislation backed by campaign donor Sempra that expanded gas line exemptions favored by the company. [Inside Cal/EPA, 8/31/12; California Legislative Information, Vote on AB 2564, 8/31/12]
· Hall helped oil and gas companies by refusing to vote on legislation that would have increased regulations on the industry, including a bill to prevent the illegal injection of oil waste into groundwater. [2015 Legislative Report Card, October 2015, SB 454, accessed 1/15/16
· Hall failed to vote on legislation to permanently ban oil drilling on Tranquillon Ridge off the coast of Santa Barbara County. [Sierra Club, 2014 Legislative Report Card, October 2014, SB 1096, accessed 6/29/15; Los Angeles Times, 8/28/14]
· Oil lobby is spending in California on legislators like Isadore Hall. Why? Because he is their "champion".